Permanent Full-Time beginning July 1, 2018
Northlands College offers the opportunity to bring the gift of education to eager students in one of the most beautiful regions in Canada. We are a mid-sized college with many unique and engaging programs, small class sizes and a strong sense of community. We have campuses in various communities across northern Saskatchewan and have built strong partnerships with agencies and institutions to provide well-rounded courses and programs.
We are currently recruiting for a University Indigenous Studies Instructor who will work as a team dedicated to the success of students who are pursuing their Diploma and/or their Bachelor Degree. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Teach courses in assigned program area,
· Develop syllabi that clearly outline the course requirements, rationale, goals and objectives.
· Select textbooks and other resources for the class.
· Prepare class sessions and assignments to help students grasp course content and how it integrates with overall student learning outcomes for the course.
· Create a learning environment that encourages student involvement and participation.
· Document students’ attendance, participation, and academic progress by giving and grading assignments, projects, quizzes and/or examinations that lead to a final grade.
· Be accessible to students outside the classroom, providing ample periods of time for counselling and mentoring students in matters related to academic success and life goals.
· Stay informed about changes and innovations in their field.
The minimal qualifications for this positions is a Master’s Degree in Indigenous Studies. A thorough understanding of northern Saskatchewan Indigenous culture is a definite asset. Successful candidates must meet the requirements of the accrediting university.
Northlands College has an excellent benefits package which includes a dental, health and vision care plan; pension plan, life and dependent life insurance, long-term disability, sick leave, vacation leave, professional development opportunities and an employee assistance program. Northlands College has an approved Employment Equity Plan, applicants of Aboriginal ancestry, as well as individuals in other equity groups, are encouraged to apply. A criminal check will be required prior to hire.
For more information regarding this opportunity please contact Cheryl Brown at 306-425-4499. To apply for this opportunity please send your cover letter, resume, and proof of education to:
Northlands College Human Resources Department
Air Ronge, SK S0J 3G0
The application deadline for this opportunity is January 2, 2018. We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.