Northlands College Online Learning offers two online upgrading programs: Adult Essential Skills Levels 1 & 2, and GED Prep. Both programs are designed for independent study, and use a web-based program called PLATO Learning Environment (PLE) which provides students with all the resources needed to improve core essential skills and prepare for the General Education Diploma tests. PLE offers a flexible option allowing students to access assignments and courses 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Whether you have a lot to review or just a little, your individualized program will provide you with what you need to succeed.
Northlands is now a Pearson Vue Authorized GED testing site. You can attain the equivalent of a Grade 12 standing by successfully completing the GED® Tests in Math, Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts - Reading and Writing. The Tests are designed to measure the general knowledge, ideas and thinking skills that are normally acquired through four years of high school but which are gained in a different manner.
As of January 2014, all GED® exams are administered in a computer-based format. The essay portion of the exam is written electronically on the computer which is a change from handwriting the written essay. The 2002 Series GED®
Tests consists of five tests. The total test time is approximately seven hours over two days. For a tutorial on computer-based testing, please visit www.gedtestingservice.com/GEDTS%20Tutorial.html
Please contact the Northlands College GED Testing Administrator at 306-425-4438 for testing dates and details.
Registering for the Exam
If you wish to write the GED tests, follow these easy steps to register for the GED test:
- Fill out a Northlands College application (link) and fax to: 306-425-4689 (in program box write GED Testing).
- Go to www.ged.com and create an account. To register for the GED tests, you will need to create an account. You will also need an email address to complete the registration.
- The GED Test Administrator will contact you to schedule your tests.
- Payment is required at the time of scheduling. The cost is $7 per module, or $35 for the entire test.
- Payment is by credit card or voucher. If you don't have a credit card, cash payments may be made through the college by purchasing a voucher number.
- You can write one exam or all five exams.
- Two forms of ID are required at the time of testing (one must be a photo ID).
Students wishing to participate in this program must have a computer and access to the internet. An email address is also required to complete the application.
There is no fee attached to this program.
Click here for Entrance Requirements, Dates & Tuition
Location: College Wide
Start/End dates: September 2017 - June 2018
Tuition: no fee
At Northlands College,
We Build Futures
Learn more about the courses and programs we offer.