Accreditation: Saskatchewan Polytechnic FQFA
In this program, studies will focus on:
• Indigenous awareness
• addictions and the criminal justice system
• behavioural intervention strategies and therapeutic activities
• communication, employability and problem-solving skill
• crisis prevention/self-protection strategies
• health & wellness, human growth and development
• planning and implementing activities
Graduates of the one-year certificate program are qualified for jobs as youth or family service workers in educational, residential, social services or community-based agencies.
Students will participate in two four-week practicums in which travel may be necessary.
Accepted applicants will be required to provide:
• evidence of a Vulnerable Sector Check
Note: A positive result on the VSC may result in the loss of your accepted seat. Students must meet the minimum VSC criteria set out by the practicum agency.
Location: Buffalo Narrows
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
Start date: September 3, 2019
Number of weeks: 35